Get the most out of open source. Open source software is free for you to use and explore. Get involved to perfect your craft and be part of something big - from Github
Just want to ask how would you read / learn / evaluate an open source project to see whether it is suitable to apply to your current system? Like what steps you guys taking, etc?
- Github stars/how old the open source/latest stable release
- does it come from trustworthy organization (apache, good company..)
- does its well-documented and well-maintained
- Features/documents and community.
- is it actively developing (latest commit …)
- read through its document & samples
- try answer question: does it solve our problems?
- Github issues & code.
- Run small demo see how it works.
- make plan to apply it into internal system / execute plan